• Coordinates and provides support for general accounting/payroll/accounts payable functions and ensures generally accepted accounting principles are followed.
• Assists with general ledger management and period end closings.
• Assists with preparation of monthly and year-end financial statement reporting.
• Compiles and analyzes data.
• Reconciles bank and balance sheet accounts.
• Participates in the budget planning process.
• Assists in providing tax and audit information to external auditors and coordinate activities of the Accounting Department staff.
• Responsible for the training and development of accounts payable and payroll positions including backup for those positions.
• Assists with surplus lines tax filings.
• Provides assistance for accounting related functions for TPA.
• Special projects as directed by the AVP Controller/CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
• Strong knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and general ledger.
• Solid knowledge of federal and state tax guidelines and procedures.
• Well-versed of payroll systems, processes and taxes.
• Ability to utilize standard accounting principles.
• Ability to supervise and motivate personnel.
• Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
• Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
• Ability to operate all necessary office equipment required to accomplish the job duties as described.
• Knowledge of computers and the ability to utilize various software packages including, but not limited to, EXCEL, Word and other Accounting Systems.
• Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of financial documents, plan and implement financial/accounting procedures and communicate procedures in a clear accurate manner.
• Ability to establish, document and implement a budget processing plan for the Agency.
• Minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience.
• College degree in an accounting related field required, CPA preferred.
• Previous formal or informal leadership and insurance related experience preferred.
• Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work, voluntarily extend hours, and/or solicit additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
Compensation will be competitive determined by experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : firstname.lastname@example.org