• Coordinates and provides support for general accounting/payroll/accounts payable functions and ensures generally accepted accounting principles are followed.
• Assists with general ledger management and period end closings.
• Assists with preparation of monthly and year-end financial statement reporting.
• Compiles and analyzes data.
• Reconciles bank and balance sheet accounts.
• Participates in the budget planning process.
• Assists in providing tax and audit information to external auditors and coordinate activities of the Accounting Department staff.
• Responsible for the training and development of accounts payable and payroll positions including backup for those positions.
• Assists with surplus lines tax filings.
• Provides assistance for accounting related functions for TPA.
• Special projects as directed by the AVP Controller/CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
• Strong knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and general ledger.
• Solid knowledge of federal and state tax guidelines and procedures.
• Well-versed of payroll systems, processes and taxes.
• Ability to utilize standard accounting principles.
• Ability to supervise and motivate personnel.
• Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
• Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
• Ability to operate all necessary office equipment required to accomplish the job duties as described.
• Knowledge of computers and the ability to utilize various software packages including, but not limited to, EXCEL, Word and other Accounting Systems.
• Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of financial documents, plan and implement financial/accounting procedures and communicate procedures in a clear accurate manner.
• Ability to establish, document and implement a budget processing plan for the Agency.
• Minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience.
• College degree in an accounting related field required, CPA preferred.
• Previous formal or informal leadership and insurance related experience preferred.
• Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work, voluntarily extend hours, and/or solicit additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : firstname.lastname@example.org