The Senior Project Accountant will work within the Middle East Project Accounting team to help review projects’ finances through various analysis, forecasting etc. The Project Accountant will also be for preparing management reports, actual vs forecasted costs, variances and the like.
– Achieve the highest levels of revenue assurance through adoption of best practices in relation to revenue recognition & management reporting.
– Support delivery of location and regional NR targets through support & analysis around key areas such as Sales Pipeline/ Backlog / Revenue Recognition
– Proactively support the business in driving DRO improvement
– Participate in project reviews and ensure monthly actual costs and CTC (Cost to Complete) inputs plus revenue / WIP is recognised at the right level in line with IFRS standards
– Project profitability analysis (actual vs planned/forecasted) with action based commentary
– Streamline processes and procedures at every stage of project accounting life cycle to ensure smooth month end & true reflection of underlying business performance
– Review & challenge operational costs to ensure UAE EBITA is at the right level
– Improve / refine the management information systems to better meet the growing reporting requirements as part of regionalisation
– Support Financial Controller in preparing / reviewing Mgmt Information packs for the location
– Participate in the budgeting / forecasting process for all key financial metrics
– Bid reviews to ensure fee proposals are acceptable from a financial perspective
– Play a supportive role in ensuring full compliance with local and statutory reporting requirements with audits completed with zero qualifications and within deadlines set
– Ideally the candidate should be part qualified in management accounting exams CIMA/CMA
– Experience within a professional service based industry would be an added advantage
– Very strong excel skills with a working knowledge of pivot tables/formulas.
– Strong understanding of IFRS and the concepts of revenue recognition
– Thorough understanding of the complete project accounting life cycle
– Fluency in English is essential with excellent written English language skills; excellent communication to ensure that employee communications drives engagement across all levels;
– Confident and self-assure to be able to deal with senior project leaders
– Strong relationship management skills and personally confident to effectively address and influence stakeholders;
– Commercially aware and able to understand underlying commercial arrangements of contracts
– Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret data and convey the commercial message
– Extensive international, industry network and experience;
– Proven ability to drive efficiency through the adoption of appropriate technology and interactive ways of working;
– Customer focus with a drive to deliver exceptional customer service;
– Delivery focused individual with the ability to work in a self-sufficient manner;
– Ability to build strong working relationships/networks with all stakeholders and maintain a high degree of integrity;
– Strong planning, organising and administrative skills
Compensation will be competitive determined by experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : email@example.com