This Company is searching for a Principal Accountant, Financial Statements & Consolidation (permanent / full-time position without direct reports) to support management with external financial statement preparation, consolidation and other merger and acquisition integration activities. This role will prepare audited IFRS consolidated financial statements and select subsidiaries. Likewise, this role will provide corporate level accounting policy governance that supports consistent accounting practices. The candidate must possess the ability to proactively engage internal customers at various levels of the organization, facilitate healthy channels for communications, and successfully support the management of, and provide overall direction to, the organization regarding changes to accounting policy and working within the framework to fulfill both internal and external financial reporting requirements while also liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordination and preparation of annual Consolidated Financial Statements for multiple operating companies including: creating audit lead schedules, drafting footnote disclosures, reviewing supporting documentation, communicating issues to independent auditors, and assisting with related documentation and disclosure processes
• Provide technical assistance, support and guidance to the Business Units on various accounting topics such as revenue recognition, projects accounting, restructuring, provisions, and other high risk topics.
• Review, analysis & oversight to the general ledger processes & data.
• Provide expert-level insight for general ledger accounts and supporting disclosure schedules related to the preparation of the financial statements
• Assist in monthly closing and reporting activities as well as quarterly and annual testing of controls over financial closing
• Audit interface support for both internal and external audit engagements
• Delivery of general ledger information for external or internal auditors and/ or divisional review purposes.
• Work with other finance and non-finance departments on ad-hoc special projects or additional government reporting requirements as needed
• Identify, develop and drive process efficiencies that improve accuracy, quality and timeliness of statement preparation and other department deliverables.
• Champion and foster an environment of continuous improvement with primary emphasis on process re-engineering and automation of existing procedures.
• Strong understanding and use of IFRS / US GAAP including experience in complex accounting issues and application of accounting principles.
• Proficiency in researching technical accounting topics and coordinating resolution within Company and with independent auditors.
• Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with financial reporting software.
• Strong and demonstrated analytical skills and presentation skills
• Excellent communication, writing, reporting skills to effectively communicate technical financial information.
• Accounting background and skills with excellent analytical & organizational skills.
• Proven critical thinking skills & ability to apply technical guidelines to complex accounting problems
• Proven leadership skills – able to drive & lead without direct influence
• Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels of financial reporting.
• Experience and familiarity with risk and Internal Controls
• Working knowledge of general business practices.
• Ability and desire to plan, control, and contribute to solving complex problems.
• Self-driven and resourceful to meet deadlines, achieve goals, work independently as well as work well in teams or groups.
• Flexibility to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities – ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Typically 6-8 years plus of successful experience in a directly related field.
• Experience in the preparation of audited financial statements and monthly closing activities.
• Experience in general ledger accounting for large, multi-national organization is a plus
• Background in Audit function as either an external auditor or Company finance department member.
• Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
• Proven capabilities supporting accounting activities with multiple ERP’s
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
Compensation will be competitive determined by experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : firstname.lastname@example.org