The roles of financial managers vary significantly. The generic nature of the job title can be misleading as the level and scope of the responsibilities involved in any role can differ enormously. In larger companies for instance, the role is more concerned with strategic analysis, while in smaller organizations, a financial manager may be responsible for the collection and preparation of accounts.
In general, tasks across roles may include:
• providing and interpreting financial information;
• monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
• analysing change and advising accordingly;
• formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
• researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
• analysing competitors and market trends;
• developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk;
• conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
• managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
• liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
• developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue;
• producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
• managing budgets;
• arranging new sources of finance for a company’s debt facilities;
• supervising staff;
• keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Education and skills
• Several years of experience in accounting or finance and personnel management
• Accounting firm experience is an asset
• University degree in finance, accounting or in a related field; a Master’s degree may be required
• Certification from a recognized professional accounting association e.g. CPA, CPA, CA, CPA,CMA or CPA,CGA may be required
•Plan, develop and execute internal business risk and compliance/conformance audits. Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place for managing risk exposures, ensuring the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguarding assets, preventing fraudulent activity, complying with laws and regulations, and promoting efficient operations and company growth.
•Identify control gaps and provide constructive recommendations for improvement. Evaluate opportunities for improvement and provide value added recommendations.
•Report on audit results both verbally and in concise written reports in a timely manner. Follow up on recommendations to ensure they are implemented.
•Understand business objectives and risk assessment techniques to determine scope, focus and appropriate audit methodology
•Develop knowledge and understanding of Company processes and internal controls, such as ERM, IFS, Accounting practices, Standard Procedures, IT systems, etc.
•Participate in other internal audit activities as required.
•Excellent communication and technical skills (GAAP, business processes, problem-solving, and proficiency with standard desktop software applications).
•Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
•Strong focus on customer service.
•Skills in assessing the effectiveness of business risk assessment process and identifying key risks and / or control effectiveness.
•Skills in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
•Skills in assessing the effectiveness of internal control over key business processes, identifying weaknesses / non-compliance.
•Ability to maintain independence and objectivity in the performance of audits
•Familiarity with risk assessment methodology.
•Familiarity with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards on auditing
•Commitment to personal and professional development.
•Bachelor’s degree: Finance or Accounting
•Completed or is working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA or CMA) or has completed an MBA
•4 years of recent related audit experience, preferably in a mid to large sized organization or recent experience in a ‘big-4’ firm in either their core audit or advisory practices
A highly competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to successful candidates.
Compensation will be competitive determined by experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : email@example.com