Prominent Architecture and Engineering firm are inviting candidates for the position of Finance and Operation Manager to apply.
This individual will manage and monitor all aspects of the organisation and related entity accounts across all offices. To implement and enforce the policies and procedures conferred by Management for the operation and development of the organisation.
This individual will be responsible for:
– Financial Management – accounting systems across all offices, current and future;
– Ensure that systems and information from all offices are compatible to produce sound and auditable accounts and, if required, consolidated reports and accounts.
– Ensure the Sage system is reconciled on a monthly basis – reconciling all balance sheet accounts, reviewing entries for possible errors or misstatements, performing analytical review on financial performance etc.
– Produce a monthly summary of accounts including cash flow for the management team. At Quarter end produce summaries for presentation to the Managing Partner.
– Champion accuracy in coding in the accounting and ERP systems.
– Develop and maintain the accounting and collection procedures, investment activities, budgets, and other financial control functions.
– Monitor billing procedures through regular meetings with the Senior Management Team. Monitor cash flow and predict the future trends through management of receivables.
– Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
– Manage the efficient, effective and timely payments to suppliers and employees.
– Manage the banking facilities such as overdraft on local currency bank account, short term deposits etc.
– Oversee any tax returns or other compliance requirements.
– Advice on financial matters to the Management Team.
– Prepare financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis and at year-end (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Change in Equity);
– At the year-end, consolidate accounts from the regions and prepare the statement of accounts and audit file.
– Liaise with auditors.
– Liaise with the project managers to ensure all project accounts information accurately updated in ERP system.
– Review project contracts to ensure ERP accounts information and client payment terms are accurately monitored and reported. Also review insurance and other compliance requirements are adhered to.
– Maintain, update and ensure accuracy of all accounts information for all projects in ERP systems.
– Reconcile project accounts information from ERP system, to management reports to Sage accounting system.
– Ensure original contracts and appropriate project accounts records are correctly filed.
– Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the project and department managers, Management Team and other budget holders. Assist Regional Centres in preparation of their budgets. Revise income and expenditure budget when appropriate.
– Liaise with the management team and provide support and advice on employment contract and employee reviews, entitlements and allowances.
– Liaise with the management team and provide support and advice on corporate structure and arrangements, including active participation and support in the formation, set up and administration of new related entities and branches.
– Liaise and coordinate with consultants and advisors for the formation, set up and administration of new related entities and branches.
– Manage and monitor the work of the Finance Assistants, checking speed and accuracy of paying-in, coding, data entry, petty cash, dealing with queries etc.
– Undertake annual appraisal and regular meetings and generally support and encourage their development.
– Be the main link person with the administrators of the Regional accounts functions, providing training where necessary
– Ensure the Organisation is compliant with Health & Safety Law and has suitable, sufficient and cost-effective insurance. Review these requirements on an annual basis with recommendations for improvement and subsequently approval to management.
– Oversee office facilities to ensure a smooth running and pleasant office environment with all appropriate maintenance contracts and insurance cover.
– Accountancy qualifications and a minimum of two years financial management experience (or equivalent experience).
– Working knowledge of Sage 50 accountancy software (or other similar).
– Working knowledge of overall concepts and methodology of ERP systems used in architecture, construction or similar.
– Experience in employment relations and in reviewing and enforcing employment law and regulations.
– Working knowledge and experience with corporate formation and governance.
– Willingness to accept responsibility.
– Experience in supervising staff.
– Able to communicate well across all levels, especially adept at being able to explain financial matters to nonfinancial staff.
– Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities.
– Excellent IT Word and Excel skills.
– Self-motivated. pro-active and flexible.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– People Management skills to be honed.
Send Your Cv with Photo in word format to : firstname.lastname@example.org